End-to-End API Guide
This document guides you through the steps on how to create customized Buy Online, Pick up in Store solutions for merchants and shoppers. This guide provides a sequence of API calls, framed from the perspective of the merchant and their shoppers. For more on the API endpoints that support Buy Online, Pick up in Store, see Overview.
- Merchant configuration
- Browse and discover as a shopper
- Manage checkout as a shopper
- Manage order as a merchant
- Fulfill order as a merchant
- Terminate configuration as a merchant
This guide assumes the merchant already has the following elements configured:
- A functioning BigCommerce store.
- Store settings, including Catalog (opens in a new tab), Payments (opens in a new tab), Tax (opens in a new tab), Order Fulfillment (opens in a new tab), etc.
- A storefront that uses a custom checkout, such as one of the following:
- A store-level API account that contains the following OAuth scopes:
|Store Inventory||modify||View and modify the store inventory|
|Store Locations||modify||View and modify store locations|
|Fulfillment Methods||modify||View and modify order fulfillment methods|
|Order Fulfillment||modify||View and modify order fulfillments|
- If your implementation uses a single-click app wrapper, a separately configured app profile and app-level API account is required to manage installation and access.