BigCommerce for Wordpress
On This Page
When connecting more than one WordPress site to your BigCommerce store, you need to use an API account to link them. If you try to connect using the ‘connect your store’ flow, which uses a BigCommerce app to streamline the connection, your first WordPress site will lose its connection to BigCommerce.
Multi-site and subdirectories
Multiple sites can share the same API credentials, or you can choose to create a new set of credentials for each site.
|Configuration Method||Is Supported|
Note that embedded checkout is only supported on a single domain at a time. See the BigCommerce for WordPress documentation.*
Getting your API credentials
- To get your store’s API credentials, sign in to your BigCommerce store and head to
Click ‘Create API Account’ to get credentials
- Click the blue
Create API Accountbutton on the top left-hand side. This opens up a screen that will ask you to enter a name and select scopes for the API account.
Fill in the Name and OAuth Scopes.
API account name field
We suggest ‘WordPress’ for the name, although you can name it anything you’d like as long as it’s unique within your API accounts and is more than three characters.
- For the OAuth Scopes, select the following default settings:
|OAuth Scope||Default Selection|
|Information & Settings||Modify|
|Get Payment Methods||Read-Only|
|Sites & Routes||Modify|
|Storefront API Tokens||None|
|Storefront API Customer Impersonation Tokens||None|
- After you have finished setting a name and selecting scopes, click
Save. You will then see a modal that contains the
Access Tokennecessary for the remaining fields in the WordPress API Credentials settings.
.txt file download
You’ll also see a
.txtfile download in your browser that contains the same information in an easy-to-read format, once again including your API Path in case you didn’t copy it before.
.txt file download
Setting up a WordPress site using API account credentials
- To set up a WordPress site using this method, click
Enter your API credentialson the welcome screen in the plugin.
WordPress plugin welcome screen
- Enter your API credentials on your WordPress site. Saving the API credentials on your WordPress site will direct you to name the channel that the plugin will create. This allows you to list product to the channel from within BigCommerce and link orders back to the channel that comes from the WordPress site. You can also link to an existing channel.
Congratulations, you’re done setting up your additional site!
WordPress currency processing
The WordPress sites you connect to your BigCommerce store will process in the same currency as the BigCommerce store.
- Multisite Ecommerce with WordPress and BigCommerce (Developer Blog)