Create a Sandbox Store
A sandbox store cannot process transactions and is for developing and testing apps without the 15-day time limit of a trial store.
This article will walk you through the steps of creating a sandbox store.
Creating a sandbox store
- Go to the BigCommerce Pricing page and select Start your free trial.
- When prompted for an email address, enter the same email you used when applying to become a partner.
- In the trial store setup form, enter a store name, password, and other details. Then select Create your store.
- Log into your Partner account to access the Partner Portal.
- Navigate to Support > Contact Support and select Create a Support Case.
- Select the type of issue you have (Product Support or Billing Support).
- Select Yes to the question “Is this related to a specific store?”
- While completing the form, use “Partner Sandbox” as the subject line. In the case description, enter your new sandbox store’s canonical URL (for example: http://your-store-name.mybigcommerce.com) and request conversion to a sandbox.
- Under Issue Type, select Merchant Account Services. Click Create Case. We will flag this new trial store as a sandbox to ensure your store access continues beyond the 15-day trial period. This process can take several days.
- Log into your new trial store using the same email associated with your partner login.