Stored Credit Card Management
On This Page
- Adding Credit Card Management
- Step 1: Add Payment Methods Page
- Step 2: Add Translations
- Step 3: Include Credit Card Listing
- Step 4: Add Credit Card Actions
- Step 5: Impliment Delete Payment Method
- Step 6: Impliment Edit Payment Method
- Step 7: Impliment Add Payment Method
- Step 8: Add Default Instrument
Stored Credit Card management1 gives customer’s the ability to manage their stored credit cards from the My Account page of the storefront. In the Cornerstone theme, shoppers with store accounts will have the ability to add new cards2, delete cards, select a default card, and edit the billing details3 of existing cards from their customer account area of the storefront.
- Cornerstone versions 2.6.0+ include the ability to manage Stored Credit Cards.
- Card data is stored securely with the payment gateway.
- After adding a card, shoppers will only be able to modify the billing address. If other credit card details need to be modified (such as expiration date), the shopper must delete and re-add the card.
Adding Stored Credit Card Management
Stored Credit Card Management was added to Cornerstone in pull request #1376. To add Stored Credit Cards to pre-2.6.0 Cornerstone or Marketplace themes, copy the changes from PR #1376 to your theme. This section will walk through each individual commit, highlighting the changes that you will need to make to your template files.
- Create the new Payment Methods page on a shopper’s account by editing the following files:
Step 3: Include the Credit Card Listing
- Group the credit cards by payment providers
- Include the payment method icons
- Account for mobile and desktop layouts
- Account for translations
Icons have been used to identify the credit card type. The data only provides the card brand in the credit card details.
- Bind the delete button’s front end and back end
First, the click will trigger window confirm. The confirmation modal has been added to prevent unintended action. Then, on confirming, a post request will be sent. The action is initiated through a localized form post request in the template which uses a
delete_url key provided in the credit card details data. Finally, there will be a redirect to the credit card listing.
- Add the design for credit card details and the edit billing address form, synced with existing address fields validation
Step 7: Implement the
Add Payment Method
- Adding new icon
- Unify the CSS classes for the add and edit form.
- Add a new template for edit form with an injection of global variables into context.
- Extend the
account.jsfile with a new method to initiate credit card and billing address fields validations, mapping form fields name and value to body request.
- Add a
payment-method.jsfile for credit card validations and helpers with unit test.
The add form will use ajax to validate and submit the credit card details (this differs from the way the edit form validates and submits). The payment-method.js file has been designed to be dragged and used in themes to simplify its implementation.
add-payment-method.html template as well.
- Add HTML and CSS for a single checkbox, default instrument
- Capture form data on ADD and transform to boolean
- Fix HTML credit card for tabulation navigation
- Fix for states reload list via AJAX
Since this feature involves heavy code changes, it may be easier to merge the necessary code into your theme by utilizing Github’s automated process for syncing a fork. See Github’s documentation on Syncing a Fork for more details on this method.