Theme Editor Troubleshooting
For any unexpected behavior that you encounter while developing your Stencil theme, please also check the terminal window where you started Stencil CLI. In some cases, the terminal will provide a verbose error message specifying where to look for problems. For less-detailed error messages, we list diagnostic suggestions in this documentation.
Empty Drop-Down List in Theme Editor Panel
- Symptom: A drop-down list’s outline appears below its configured label. However, the list appears to be empty.
- Likely Cause: A default value specified in the theme’s config.json file is not enumerated in the schema.json file.
- Resolution: Update schema.json to include the config.json value.
Configured Control Missing from Theme Editor Panel
- Symptom: A control that you have configured within schema.json is completely absent from the Theme Editor UI.
- Likely Cause: The specified “type” is one of: text, text area, radio [button], or image. (Theme Editor does not currently support these data types.)
- Resolution: Display the user option via one of the supported data types: color, font, select [drop-down list], or checkbox.
Theme Changes Not Saved from Theme Editor UI
- Symptom: Changes saved in a browser’s Theme Editor panel are not reflected in the storefront.
- Likely Cause: Check whether multiple users are simultaneously using Theme Editor to customize the same storefront.
- Resolution: We strongly recommend opening only one instance of Theme Editor, at a time, per storefront. BigCommerce currently provides no synchronization mechanism for configuration changes from multiple Theme Editor instances. So the storefront’s
schema.jsonwill record the last changes made by any instance – but changes saved earlier by other instances might be lost.