Channel App Requirements
Once approved, channel apps are discoverable on BigCommerce’s App Marketplace. Additionally, apps developed by select partners are marketed in the Channel Manager within the Control Panel of every store. To be approved, channel apps must meet certain requirements. This article lists the requirements for publishing channel apps to both locations.
- Uses Channels API
- Creates a channel upon app installation using the
- Reads and updates channel status via Channels endpoints
- Follows requirements for specific channel type.
- Contains an onboarding user flow
- Uses Big Design
- Must use Sites & Routes API so that links generated within BigCommerce, such as “view storefront” and links sent in transactional emails to shoppers, will use the headless storefront’s correct URL.
Marketplaces & Marketing
- Must use listings API, if supporting per product listings (i.e. not simply syncing the entire catalog).
- In order to promote app performance and user experience best practices, additional general and channel type requirements will be outlined as needed.